Friday, March 23, 2012

Forming a Plan

I love that feeling I get when I suddenly have an idea that I think is going to be just fabulous!  I had one of those this morning and I'm so excited to get started.  Maybe I should go to bed early more often because I actually had a few good ideas this morning.  So, back to my idea.  When we bought this house the master bedroom was a mess.  It had all black trim and green walls and it gets very little natural light because of the covered porch.  It also had some really great things to work with like two french doors and a fireplace and the room is a great size.  I interviewed painters and they wanted $1000 to paint the room - that was too much for me.  I really couldn't justify spending that much to paint one room so I decided I'd just paint it myself. 

What a project!!  It took forever - at one point I got mad at my husband and just gave up - for months.  Finally I decided that it had to get done and my husband got on board too and we finished painting it.  It looked awesome - like a totally different room.  I found a great comforter at SteinMart for an even greater price.  I found some curtains and lamps and then found two chairs for the room.  We had a family picture done for over the fireplace and added some accessories and called the room done.  The thing is that it's been bugging me for months because I just felt like I didn't love the furniture placement but really couldn't come up with another arrangement. 

This morning it just hit me - I finally had an idea about how to make the room better.  I ran the idea by my husband totally thinking he'd veto it because it involves buying a small desk but low and behold he agreed to my idea.  The best part is that this afternoon I realized that I have a desk up in my office that I think may really work in that space so I won't even have to buy one.  I also came up with a whole plan to share our closets instead of each having our own which I know will make my husband happy and I think I'll also end up with better space for my needs so it's really a win-win.  So, that's my big excitement for the day.  Sometimes it's just the little things that can make a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment