Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

With every new year comes an opportunity for a fresh start - a new lease on life of sorts.  Even if you are fairly content and satisfied with your life there is just something refreshing and optimistic about starting a new year.  It's like anything is possible!  I believe that's why people make so many resolutions.  This new year just happens to be the final year of my thirties.  Wow - how time has flown!  I can honestly say that at 29 I could not have predicted much of any of the things that have happened in the last decade of my life.  There has been lots and lots of good, lots of growth and more than a fair share of crappy.  I think that I have handled the crappy with dignity and besides my children and my marriage I think that may be what I am most proud of over the last decade.  As I begin to look forward to my forties I find that I am really much more focused on the last year of my thirties.  I haven't made any resolutions yet for this year.  I want to mull it over.  I want to go about the year in a deliberate way and with purpose.  I want to decide what it is that I really want to do with the year.  At the end of the year I want to be able to feel that I have accomplished what I set out to accomplish this year.  Now I just need to decided what that will be!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mama Luke!

    You made me teary with your comments about my blog! Thank you so much. Send me your email to lrkeegan126@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete